DVI2USB 3.0 Video Grabber
Lossless, pixel-for-pixel video capture with full operator control. Unprecedented portability, durability and versatility. Capture VGA, DVI, or HDMI™ video and HDMI audio.
- Precision video capture control
Epiphan’s DVI2USB 3.0™ is a high performance USB video grabber for lossless video capture from any device with a HDMI™, DVI or VGA output port. Precision video capture control is why many AV professionals rely on DVI2USB 3.0 to capture high quality video and audio..
- Reliable performance and durable construction
Trusted for mission-critical applications with reliable, repeatable performance day after day. This USB capture card is nearly indestructible with a durable aluminum enclosure and re-inforced, full-sized connectors.
- Highly configurable
DVI2USB 3.0 is the perfect capture solution for those who require utmost control over captured image integrity. The included driver allows extensive configuration of capture resolution, color space conversion, image scaling and audio resampling for maximum flexibility in professional video capture settings. Additionally, the included Epiphan Capture Tool offers a reliable, high-performance single-vendor capture solution. Since no software or hardware modifications are needed on the source device, DVI2USB 3.0 is one of the most secure and reliable solutions for capturing high resolution video and images.
- Capture from HDMI, VGA, or DVI
Includes all necessary cables and adapters to work with cameras, imaging equipment and other devices with HDMI, DVI, and VGA output ports.
- Extensive resolution support
Capture common and custom resolutions up to 1920×1200 at 60 fps.
- Works with YUV and RGB Color space
Supports RGB 24-bit color and gives you full control over the output color space.
- Advanced image transform tools
Complete control over scaling and cropping with the ability to mirror-image flip or rotate your video in 90° increments to precisely capture video in the exact format you need.
- Text overlay and time stamp
Add company information, branding, diagnostics and time stamping to your captured video. Choose style, colors and location where your custom overlay information will be displayed.
- Simple, out of the box operation
Very simple to setup, DVI2USB 3.0 comes with all necessary cables and adapters to get you up and running immediately. Download the free Epiphan Capture Tool from our website to start capturing right away!
- Windows and Linux application support
In addition to the free Epiphan Capture tool, DVI2USB 3.0 works with multiple third party applications for Windows and Linux including Direct Show, Quicktime, and Video4Linux, as well as any application using these underlying connection methods, like Skype, GoTo Meeting, Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder, and more.
- Professional audio over HDMI
DVI2USB 3.0 doesn’t stop at capturing video, it also captures crystal clear audio. Get lossless uncompressed audio over HDMI.
- Portable and USB powered
USB-powered and small enough to fit in your pocket, DVI2USB 3.0 is the perfect accessory for capturing video in any environment. Supports USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 data uplink.
- Silent operation
With no fans or moving parts, DVI2USB 3.0 is completely silent and does not add any audio interference to your recordings.
- SDK for custom applications
Want to embed DVI2USB 3.0 in your production line, quality process or add it custom product you make? No problem, use the available SDK to build a capture, recording and streaming application with your branding built right in.
|Interface||USB 3.0, USB 2.0|
|Dimensions||3.54″×2.36″×0.91″, 90 mm×60 mm×23 mm|
|Connectors||DVI-I (integrated, digital & analog) USB 3.0 B-Type connector|
|Input||VGA and DVI (HDMI video compatible)|
|Video Sampling||24 bits per pixel, 8:8:8 format 16 bits per pixel, 5:6:5 format 8 bits per pixel, 3:3:2, 3:2:3, 2:3:3 or 256-grey scale format 4 bits per pixel, 16-grey scale format|
|Supported video modes||Up to 1920×1200|
|Update rate||Frame rate is independent of video content when using USB 3.0|
|Resolution||Frame rate (YUV 4:2:0 Color Space)||Frame rate (RGB 24 Color Space)|
|640×480; 800x600; 1024x768; 1280x1024||60 fps||60 fps|
|1600×1200; 1920x1080; 1920x1200||60 fps||30 fps|
|HDMI Audio||16-bit PCM encoded audio at 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, and 48 kHz sampling rates|
|LED||One LED to indicate the status of the DVI2USB 3.0 (power, readiness, and operation in progress)|
|OS Support||Windows 7, 8, 10 (i386, x64), Linux (x86, x86_64), DirectShow (Windows), and V4L (Linux) supported.|
The latest Documentation and Software can be found at the Homepage of Epiphan
- Epiphan DVI2USB 3.0 User Guide
- Epiphan DVI2USB 3.0 Brochure
- Windows 10 32-bit, Windows 8/8.1 32-bit: This package supports DVI2USB 3.0 and SDI2USB 3.0 video grabbers. Includes DirectShow integration.
- Windows 7 32-bit: This package supports DVI2USB 3.0 and SDI2USB 3.0 video grabbers. Includes DirectShow integration. Specifically for Windows 7 with SHA-1 signing.
- Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 8/8.1 64-bit: This package supports DVI2USB 3.0 and SDI2USB 3.0 video grabbers. Includes DirectShow integration.
- Windows 7 64-bit: This package supports DVI2USB 3.0 and SDI2USB 3.0 video grabbers. Includes DirectShow integration. Specifically for Windows 7 with SHA-1 signing.
- Mac OS X 10.10 – 10.11: QuickTime/CoreMediaIO component and Epiphan capture software. Supports USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and PCIe grabbers, 32-bit and 64-bit kernels.
- Linux: This product is compatible with Linux (i386 and x86_64). The driver supports V4L (Video4Linux) interface along with specialized interfaces designed by Epiphan. Although we provide a Linux SDK (API for driver and examples), we do not provide source code for the driver itself. We provide binary drivers for major Linux distributions (Fedora, RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, SUSE). Please contact us in advance of purchase to verify that we can support any other kernel or distribution.
- Software Development Tools for C and C++: Epiphan video grabber SDK for Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2000, Windows XP, Linux, and Mac OS X. SDK contains unified frmgrab API for USB, PCI and network video grabbers.
- Software Development Tools for Java: DVI2USB 3.0 Java interface and example for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. Supports USB and network video grabbers.
- Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) file for default configuration of Epiphan DVI2USB 3.0
- Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) file for default configuration of Epiphan DVI2USB 3.0 with no audio support
WARNING: Incorrect EDID may reduce performance of the capture device, reduce or break compatibility with VGA/DVI/HDMI sources.
- Epiphan DVI2USB 3.0 - DVI, HDMI, VGA video capture over USB 3.0
- Live Streaming an iPad using an Epiphan DVI2USB 3.0 Video Grabber and Wirecast for YouTube
- Live Streaming a Document Camera using an Epiphan DVI2USB 3.0 Video Grabber and Wirecast for YouTube
- Live Streaming an Xbox 360 using an Epiphan DVI2USB 3.0 Video Grabber and Wirecast for YouTube
- Live Streaming an Oscilloscope using an Epiphan DVI2USB 3.0 Video Grabber and Wirecast for YouTube
- Live Streaming an Ultrasound using an Epiphan DVI2USB 3.0 Video Grabber and Wirecast for YouTube
- How to use Epiphan Frame Grabber with Windows Media Encoder