DVI2PCIe Duo our highest performance PCIe capture card
DVI2PCIe Duo™ is an internal PCIe capture card capable of capturing lossless video from dual-link and single-link DVI video sources as well as VGA/HDMI and SDI video sources and audio from SDI and unencrypted HDMI sources. Supports capture resolutions of up to 2048×2048 and frame rates of up to 85 fps.
Epiphan’s highest performance dual input PCIe capture card, capable of capturing dual-link and single-link DVI signals, VGA/HDMI™, 3G-SDI, HD-SDI, and SD-SDI audio/video sources. DVI2PCIe Duo provides uncompressed dual channel video to third party recording, streaming, conferencing and video analysis software applications running Windows or Linux platforms.
DVI2PCIe Duo supports DVI resolutions up to 2048×2048 and captures digital audio from HDMI and SDI sources. The low profile card is perfect for 2U cases. An alternative bracket is included for use in full-height cases. An optional AV Kit adds support for S-Video and audio from 3.5 mm stereo or unbalanced ¼” TRS audio inputs.
Epiphan recommends DVI2PCIe Duo for AV professionals who capture and record production-quality video directly from SDI and DVI sources.
DVI2PCIe Duo™ is an internal PCIe capture card capable of capturing lossless video from DVI/VGA video sources and audio/video capture from SDI and unencrypted HDMI sources. Supports capture resolutions of up to 2048×2048 and frame rates of up to 85 fps.
- Captures from screens or cameras at HD resolutions and higher (2560×1600, 2048×2048).
- PCI Express 2.0; x4.
- Supports multiple DVI2PCIe Duo cards in one system.
- Supports 60 fps at full HD resolution in 24-bit color (4:4:4) even when capturing from both DVI and SDI channels simultaneously.
- Supports third party applications that accept an external video source such as Adobe Premiere, Windows Media Encoder and others.
Multi-source video inputs
- DVI2PCIe Duo is designed to capture digital and analog sources.
- The SDI input port is built to capture video signals from 3G-SDI, HD-SDI and SD-SDI and embedded audio from SDI sources.
- The DVI input port is built to capture video signals from DVI, VGA, HMDI and embedded audio from HDMI sources.
Optional video and audio inputs
- Install an optional AV kit to capture S-Video/composite, analog audio and balanced or unbalanced TRS audio.
Delivers high quality output
- The frame rate is independent of the captured content; slow moving video and fast moving video is captured at the same rate.
- No matter what content you capture you can depend on a consistent frame rate.
- With no compression, DVI2PCIe Duo captures and transfers every pixel of the frame.
Delivering professional AV quality to every production
- DVI2PCIe Duo is a high performance capture card designed for AV professionals who require a desktop solution.
- Captures high quality video and images from any device with a SDI and DVI/VGA/HDMI signal.
- Captures uncompressed video and audio from 3G-SDI, HD-SDI and SD-SDI signals at full HD resolution at 60 fps.
- Supports 2048×2048 resolutions for DVI signals.
Customize your recording
- Add company-related information, corporate color and a time stamp to identify your video.
- Choose color, style and location on the screen where your information is displayed.
Flexible recording options
- Control how DVI2PCIe Duo records images and video.
- Record captured images and video as a series of consecutively saved graphic files or as one video file.
Designed with usability in mind
- Designed for AV professionals who require an express card to fit into an existing desktop solution.
- Full and 1/2 height installation options to suit your desktop configuration.
- Multiple DVI2PCIe Duo card support.
- Easily fits into any PCIe expansion slot.
- Telestream; DirectShow; Microsoft; Quicktime
|Interface||PCI Express 2.0; ×4|
|Video Inputs||Connectors||(1) SDI (1) DVI-I (dual link) / HDMI™1 / VGA1 / Component2, An optional DVI2PCIe A/V Kit provides an additional: – two TRS ¼” connectors – one S-Video connector – one 3.5mm audio line-in connector|
|Resolutions||VESA modes: 320×240 to 2048×2048 (or 2560×1600); Custom HDMI/VGA/DVI modes (HDMI up to 1920×1200)|
|VGA Signaling||3G-SDI; HD-SDI; SD-SDI; DVI dual link; HDMI; R, G, B plus separate HSync and VSync signals; R, G, B plus CSYNC signal; R, G, B with Sync-on-Green synchronization|
|Color Resolution||RGB16 (5:6:5), RGB24 (8:8:8), RGB8 (2:3:3), grayscale-256, YUY2, UYVY, YV12|
|EDID Support||EDIDs can be uploaded to the device|
|Audio Input||Connectors||SDI audio and HDMI audio|
|Update Rate||Resolution||Frame Rate|
|640×480; 720x480; 800x600; 1024,768; 1280x720; 1280x1024||85 fps|
|1920×1080; 1920x1200||60 fps|
|2048×1536 (DVI)||35 fps|
|2048×1536 (VGA); 2560x1600||30 fps|
|OS Support (32 and 64-bit)||Windows 7, 8, 10 (i386, x64) and Linux (x86, x86_64)
DirectShow (Windows) and V4L (Linux) supported.
|Hardware Features||128 MB buffer RAM|
|Dimensions||Low profile short card: 5.5” × 2.53” (140 mm × 64 mm)|
|Thermal Considerations||DVI2PCIe Duo can operate at an internal temperature of up to 80 C (temperature found via the API)|
|Airflow Considerations||The minimum required airflow for DVI2PCIe Duo (in typical PC environments) is 140 LFM ( 0.7 m/s )|
1 Using DVI port, with the supplied adapter
2 Requires component to DVI or VGA adapter (not included)
The latest Documentation and Software can be found at the Homepage of Epiphan
- DVI2PCIe Duo Brochure
- DVI2PCIe Duo User Guide
- Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 8/8.1 32-bit, Windows 10 32-bit: BETA – This package supports USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and PCIe video grabbers. Includes DirectShow integration.
- Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8/8.1 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit: BETA – This package supports USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and PCIe video grabbers. Includes DirectShow integration.
- Mac OS X 10.9 – 10.10: BETA – QuickTime/CoreMediaIO component and Epiphan capture software. This package supports USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and PCIe frame grabbers.
- Linux: This product is compatible with Linux (i386 and x86_64). The driver supports V4L (Video4Linux) interface along with specialized interfaces designed by Epiphan. Although we provide a Linux SDK (API for driver and examples), we do not provide source code for the driver itself. We provide binary drivers for major Linux distributions (Fedora, RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, SUSE). Please contact us in advance of purchase to verify that we can support any other kernel or distribution.
- Software Development Tools for C and C++: Epiphan video grabber SDK for Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2000, Windows XP, Linux, and Mac OS X. SDK contains unified frmgrab API for USB, PCI and network video grabbers.
- Software Development Tools for Java: DVI2USB 3.0 Java interface and example for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. Supports USB and network video grabbers.
- Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) file for default configuration of Epiphan DVI2PCIe Duo with no audio support
WARNING: Incorrect EDID may reduce performance of the capture device, reduce or break compatibility with VGA/DVI/HDMI sources.