Aexeon Quattro is a low-cost, real-time video acquisition and compression board for applications where multiple video streams are needed. Available in either PCI or PCI Express formats, Aexeon Quattro incorporates a digital media processor and on-board frame buffer for reliable capture for the most demanding application. Aexeon Quattro contains four independent full-resolution video channels capable of simultaneous streaming of real-time video to system memory or display. Aexeon Quattro also comes equipped with all the necessary I/O control to make application development easy.
PCI Express Support
Aexeon Quattro can be ordered in either PCI or PCI Express system interfaces allowing for system compatibility well into the future. PCI Express is the high-performance, next-generation interconnect that increases bandwidth, scalability, and reliability.
Aexeon Quatto's high speed bus-mastering capability with scatter gather support delivers realtime video data to system or display memory simultaneously, without intervention from the host CPU. Video data formatting and resolution is independent between streams, allowing for maximum bandwidth flexibility.
Digital Video Processor
By incorporating an on-board video processor, Aexeon Quattro enables maximum flexibility in handling challenging application requirements. Equipped with up to 64 MB of SDRAM frame buffer memory, the video processor provides smooth scaling, realtime JPEG compression, pixel formatting, interrupt support, hardware overlay, real-time video processing, and video output functionality.
High-Quality Video Capture
Aexeon Quattro has four independent video digitizers and simultaneously delivers fullframe, full-resolution video from all channels in real-time in both NTSC and PAL formats. Video can be captured and stored in either square pixel or CCIR-601 resolutions, and can be scaled to any arbitrary size.
Aexeon Quattro also supplies a video output with OSD that can be programmed for single camera or multi-camera (2x2) output in NTSC or PAL format. The video output is independent from video input, allowing for different frame rates between the captured video and what is displayed before going to the video output.
Extensive Camera Control
Aexeon Quattro contains extensive camera and I/O control to make application development simple. By utilizing an on-board microcontroller, Aexeon Quattro provides reliable image transfer, RS-232 serial interface to control cameras, motion detection, and watchdog timer functionality. Eight programmable general-purpose triggers and four relay output alarms can be used for event or alarm verification.
dVeloper Foundation Software Developers Kit
dVeloper is a comprehensive software developers kit that supports all dPict Imaging products, allowing for easy porting to new hardware. dVeloper is royalty free and runs under Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, and 7 operating systems. Source code samples and complete documentation are included in Visual C, C#, and Visual Basic .NET to provide insight to various hardware functions. Samples include video-in-a-window, overlay, video buffering, camera control, and more.
dPiction Capture Application
dPiction is a viewing and capture application for Windows® systems that is included free with any PCI or PCI Express board purchase. It supports video configuration, viewing, and capture for dPict Imaging frame grabbers.
Aexeon Quattro Features
- PCI or PCI Express Formats
- Bus-mastering video acquisition
- Simultaneous viewing and acquisition of four real-time video streams
- 120 frames/sec viewing and capture
- Simultaneous real-time transfer of video to system or display memory
- TI DM642 Digital Media Processor
- On-board JPEG compression
- Fully independent configuration of resolution, frame rate, and compression parameters per input
- Video scaling to arbitrarily sized windows
- Supports both NTSC or PAL Video Formats
- 8 General Purpose I/O and 4 relay output triggers
- Real-time multi-picture video output with overlay
- Multiple board installation support
- RS-232 serial input and output
- Windows® XP, Vista, and 7 drivers
- DirectShow and TWAIN support
- Free dPiction Capture Application
- Optional SDK with sample applications
|Form Factor||PCI or PCI Express Formats
PCI 2.2 compliant, 5V and 3,3V universal slot
PCI Express x1 connector
|Video Input and Digitization||NTSC (J, M, 4.43), PAL (B, D, G, H, I, M, N, Nc, 60), SECAM (B, D, G, K, K1, L) camera support
Square pixel or ITU-601 resolution support
Simultaneous color or monochrome camera support
Software programmable control of gain, offset, hue, saturation, and sharpness
EEPROM for storing configuration and calibration settings
|Video Acquisition||4 real-time independent video acquisition channels
120 frames/sec viewing and capture
Simultaneous viewing and transfer of 4 video inputs
Bus-mastering video transfers to system or display memory simultaneously.
Fully independent configuration of frame rate, resolution, and compression parameters per channel
Smooth video scaling to randomly-sized windows
Hardware overlay of graphics over video
RGB 32/24/16/15/8 and YUV 4:2:2 pixel formats
Up to 64 MB SDRAM frame buffer
Extensive interrupt control for robust capture
|Video Output||Composite video output with OSD
NTSC or PAL format
Real-time multi-picture (2x2) video output
|I/O Triggers||8 programmable general-purpose I/O triggers
4 solid-state relay output alarms
|I/O Control and Processing||Microcontroller for reliable capture and control
RS-232 serial interface
On-board watchdog timer
On-board motion or activity detection
|Physical and Environmental||6.00"(length) x 4.20" (height)
Operating temperature: 0° C to 70° C
Relative humidity: 5% up to 95% non-condensing
The latest Documentation and Software can be found at the Homepage of dPict
- Aexeon Quattro PCI
- Aexeon Quattro PCI Express
- Aexeon Specification Sheet
- Aexeon HDS Specification Sheet
- Aexeon LT Specification Sheet
- Aexeon Quattro Specification Sheet
- Nexeon CL Specification Sheet
- Nexeon HD Specification Sheet
- Nexeon HD Xtra Specification Sheet
- Aexeon Simple Cable Diagram
- Aexeon RGB Cable Diagram
- Aexeon Extended Cable Diagram
- Aexeon Extended Cable BNC Diagram
- Nexeon HD SD Cable Diagram
- Nexeon HD Component Cable Diagram
- Aexeon I/O Connector Drawing
- Nexeon CL Connector Drawing
- Nexeon CL Trigger Connector Drawing
- Nexeon HD I/O Connector
- Nexeon HD Header Connector
User setups contain board drivers, dPiction video capture application, and any third-party software or drivers. User setups support Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP operating systems.
- Aexeon Setup
- Nexeon CL Setup
- Nexeon HD Setup
dVeloper SDK installers contain application development files and source code. Board drivers and dPiction are not included in the SDK installer. To download dVeloper SDK installers, contact dPict Imaging to get login information.
- Aexeon SDK Setup (Login Required)
- Aexeon Quattro SDK Setup (Login Required)
- Nexeon CL SDK Setup (Login Required)
- Nexeon HD SDK Setup (Login Required)