Datapath Fx4-HDR Display Controller
FLEXIBLE DISPLAY CONTROLLER WITH HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE
The Datapath Fx4-HDR builds on the success of its award winning Fx4 and x4 predecessors and brings the superb HDR 10-bit colour clarity, 4K60 resolution as well as audio support into the mix.
Digital signage solutions that stand out from the crowd need a creative display controller that stands out too. The Datapath Fx4-HDR builds on the success of its award winning Fx4 and x4 predecessors and brings the superb HDR 10-bit colour clarity, 4K60 resolution as well as audio support into the mix.Supporting a choice of HDMI 2.0 and two additional 1.4 inputs, the Fx4-HDR is fully HDCP2.2 capable and supports a high bandwidth loop-through for daisy-chaining multiple devices and creating large video walls.
- Infinite creative configurations
- Multiple inputs for flexible connectivity:
- 1 x HDMI 2.0 with HDCP2.2 support
- 2 x HDMI 1.4 with HDCP1.4 suppor
- Full 10-bit data pipeline with HDR10 (ST2084) and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) support
- Four independent outputs up to 1920 x 1200 at 60Hz
- High bandwidth loop-through for daisy-chaining multiple units
- Audio passthrough, configurable to any single or multiple outputs
- Rotate, scale, crop, mirror and bezel correction processing
- Content region selection for each output with upscaling and downscaling support
- True stand-alone operation: Fx4-HDR can adapt to changes in inputs by adjusting all scale factors
- Network or USB interfaces allow platform independent control (MAC OSX 10.6 & later)
- Pre-load an image for use when signal is not detected
Each output can take its input from any region of the input canvas with all of the required cropping, scaling, rotation and frame-rate conversion handled by the Fx4-HDR hardware.
These regions can overlap to allow any output to replicate another or can be configured to support any creative splice of the source material. This allows the support of many nonrectangular screen arrangements, as well as any mix of monitor orientations allowing users to create an almost unlimited multi-monitor canvas.
Further, downscaling support on each output allows each selected content region to be output and contained within an arbitrary area of the screen, filling the rest of the screen with a flat colour of user choice. This can be used to correct content aspect ratio when displaying logos etc on non-standard screen arrangements, or to drive multiple LED controllers with exactly the correct pixels for each section of a connected LED fixture.
The Datapath Fx4-HDR has dual Ethernet ports to allow users to add the device to their networks. Only one device in the chain requires connection to the physical LAN as Ethernet loop-through is supported on the second port, meaning multiple devices can be connected.
Datapath’s hugely popular multi-screen design tool, Wall Designer has also been updated to incorporate Fx4-HDR. Wall Designer allows users to add displays from the ever-expanding database of monitors, visualise their content by adding inputs and adjusting display regions and finally instantly program all devices either via USB or the network ports.
Size: 316mm(l) x 172mm(w) x 42mm(h)
0°C to 35°C / 32°F to 96°F
IEC switched and fused mains connector 100-240V, 50/60Hz / 35W
VIDEO INPUT CONNECTIONS
1 x HDMI 2.0 (2160p60 or equivalent up to 616MP/s)
2 x HDMI 1.4 (2160p60 (4:2:0), 2160p30 or equivalent up to 297MP/s)
VIDEO OUTPUT CONNECTIONS
4 x HDMI 1.4 (1080p60, 1200p60 or equivalent up to 165MP/s)*
1 x HDMI 2.0 loop-through port, locked to selected video input resolution
*Outputs within 165MP/s but taller/wider than 2048 require testing
8K x 8K maximum
Analog black-burst on dedicated BNC connector, or any video input (selectable)
Dual 100Base-T Ethernet ports with inbuilt managed switch. USB 2.0 Type B connector (full speed operation)
Updates supported via USB and Ethernet connection
-20°C to 70°C / -4°F to 158°F
The latest Documentation and Software can be found at the Homepage of Datapath
- Order Code: Datapath Fx4-HDR4K Display Controller with HDMI2.0 / HCDP2.2
- Datapath Fx4-HDR display controller datasheet
- Datapath Fx4-HDR display controller user guide
- Datapath Fx4-HDR display controller quick start guide
- Drivbers for the Datapath Fx4-HDR display controller