VisionSC-DP2 Capture Card
The professional AV market has begun to adopt 4k UHD technologies, with integrators and system builders demanding higher performance and greater resolutions in the video that they are working with.
The Datapath VisionSC-DP2 offers video professionals the ability to simultaneously capture multiple 4k, Ultra-High Defintion, video feeds each at 60 frames per second. Developed as part of the VisionSC family of capture cards, the VisionSC-DP2 offers unmatched capture performance and reliability.
DirectShow drivers for WDM Streaming supports the following applications, to encode, record and stream video over networks or the Internet:
- Microsoft Media Encoder®
- Any other DirectShow encoding software
For streaming applications, the VisionSC-DP2 can be used with Windows Media Encoder to compress and stream captured video. To replay the video, use Windows® Media Player.
Any application compatible with Windows® DirectShow technology can use the VisionSC-DP2 due to it's built-in WDM support.
Key Qualities of the VisionSC-DP2 Capture Card
- Two independent DisplayPort1.2 capture channels
- Eight lane PCIe Gen.3 interface, Net 6.4 GB/s total capture bandwidth
- Frame buffer memory - 768 MB
- HDCP support with Datapath graphics cards
- Up to 8k x 8k capture resolution*
- Single PCIe endpoint, allowing for more cards and captures to be placed with a single system
- Full support of the Vision capture card features set
- Datapath unified Windows® and Linux® driver support
* 8k x 8k at lower frame rates supported based on preliminary testing. Further testing to be scheduled on availability of 8k sources
|Board Format||PCI Express x8 plug-in card|
|Connectors||Locking Dual DisplayPort 1.2|
|Maximum capture resolution||616 MPixel/ second capture bandwidth per channel. Captures up to 4096 x 2160p @ 60Hz per input|
|Dimensions||110mm a 177mm (incl heat sync)|
|Frame buffer memory||768MB|
|Input mode detection||Decodes Main Stream Attribute (MSA) data to determine video geometry|
|Pixel transfer formats||RGB: 5-5-5, 5-6-5 (16 bit) or 8-8-8 (24 bit) or 8-8-8-alpha (32 bit)
YUV: 4:2:2 (16bit)
|Update rate||User defined. Captured frame rate will match the source providing max data rate (6.4G/Bs) is not exceeded Multi-buffered to eliminate tearing artifacts|
|Pixel capture format||RGB with 18, 24 per pixel|
|HDCP||HDCP support when used with Datapath graphics cards|
|Operating system support||Windows® XP, Windows® Vista, Windows® Server 2003, Windows® Server 2008, Windows® 7 and Windows® 8 / 8.1|
|Power Requirements||Max current at +12V - 1.0A
Max power ≈ 12W
|Operating Temperature||0 to 35 °C/ 32 to 96 °F|
|Storage Temperature||-20 to 70 °C/ -4 to 158 °F|
|Relative Humidity||5% to 90% non-condensing|
We are continuously developing the technology used within our product ranges delivering outstanding innovative solutions, therefore the specification may change from time to time.
The latest Documentation and Software can be found at the Homepage of Datapath
- VisionSC-DP2: Dual DisplayPort 1.2 capture card
- All products are shipped with the latest software available, unless stated otherwise. Special requirements may be organised by contacting our Sales team.
- VisionSC-DP2 video capture card
- Installation CD-ROM
- VisionSC-DP2 capture card datasheet
- VisionSC-DP2 capture card user guide
- Drivers for the VisionSC-DP2 capture card