VisionSD4-1S Capture Card
The VisionSD4+1S delivers extreme performance with 650MB/s transfer bus bandwidth further improved to the 480 MB/s of the VisionSD4+1.
This video capture card has five complete video capture channels supporting a single channel for up to 1920x1080 DVI or 2048x1536 Analog resolution, plus four SD Analog capture channels.
The VisionSD4+1S captures the Analog/DVI data and triple buffers it into onboard storage. This data is then copied using DMA to the host system for display, storage or streaming.
When a Datapath graphics card is used, the VisionSD4+1S transfers the data directly to the graphics card thereby increasing performance. The VisionSD4+1S capture card sends the relevant portions of each captured image to each display channel and instructs each channel to use its graphics engine to render the data. This fully utilises the hardware and dramatically increases performance.
When the RGB/DVI data is displayed on a non Datapath graphics card, the VisionSD4+1S sends the data to system memory or direct to the graphics card, dependant on the software used for display.
The VisionSD4+1S is an ideal solution for applications that require the capture of an RGB/DVI source simultaneously with up to four SD video sources. Typical applications include:
- Viewing Analog or DVI sources from PCs, MACs, Industrial/medical equipment, cameras and other video equipment
- Streaming video applications
- Video wall controllers
For streaming applications, the VisionSD4+1s can be used with Windows Media Encoder to compress and stream captured video. To replay the video, use Windows® Media Player. Any application compatible with Windows® DirectShow technology can use the VisionSD4+1s due to its built-in WDM support.
Video Streaming Support
DirectX WDM streaming driver supports the following applications, to encode, record and stream video over networks or the Internet:
- Dataton WatchOut
- Microsoft Expression Encoder
- Microsoft Windows® Media Encoder
- VideoLAN VLC
- NorPix StreamPix
- Adobe Flash Encoder
- AMCap and other DirectShow compatible software
For further details see the Datapath DirectShow SDK documentation supplied as part of a typical installation.
The VisionSD4+1S video capture card is supplied with a powerful software application for configuring the timing and format of the input sources and displaying the data. Simply connect your external DVI, Analog or video source into the card, run the VisionSD4+1s application to automatically detect the video source format and display the captured video in a window on your desktop.
Key Qualities of the VisionSD4+1S Capture Card
- Four channel SD Video + one channel RGB/DVI/HD video capture card
- Four lane PCI Express interface with a maximum data rate of 650 MB/s for the VisionSD4+1S compared to the VisionSD4+1 at 480 MB/s
- Maximum analogue RGB capture resolution of 2048x1536x24bit
- Maximum DVI capture resolution of 1920x1200 x24bit
- HD modes using the supplied DVI/ Component Adapter or DVI/HDMI Adapter (HDCP not supported)
- Four SD capture channels for PAL/NTSC, SECAM (composite or S-Video inputs)
- On card processor for real time mode and sync detection
- Support for multiple cards allowing up to 128 SD capture channels + 32 DVI-I capture channels (32 cards)
- Direct DMA driver software and streaming driver
- High quality down scaling
- Support for YUV 4:2:2, RGB 5:5:5, 5:6:5 and 8:8:8 video formats
- High performance DMA to system memory or direct to graphics memory with scatter gather
- Support for separate H/V sink, Composite sink or sink on Green
- Includes WDM streaming drivers and the Datapath Vision application software
- Fully integrated with the Datapath WallControl-red video wall software
- Support for Windows® XP / Vista / Server 2003 / Server 2008 / Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 / Linux (NOTE: Check Linux specific features with Sales)
- Datapath SDK included for software developers
|Board Format||PCI Express x4 plug-in card, 110mm x 204mm
PCI Express bus master with scatter gather DMA providing maximum data rate of 650MB/s
|Connectors||One DVI-I type connector and one D connector for SD inputs|
|Maximum sample rate||170 MHz analogue RGB or 165 MHz DVI
Analog modes up to 340MHz pixel clock can be captured using dual-pass sampling
|Maximum data rate||VisionSD4+1 480 MB/s
VisionSD4+1 650 MB/s
|Video sampling||RGB: 24bits per pixel/ 8-8-8 format
Video: 16bits per pixel/ YUV format
|SD maximum capture resolution||720 x 576 x 16bit|
|Video capture memory||64MB, triple buffered|
|Analog RGB mode support||640 x 480, 800 x 600, 1024 x 768, 1280 x 1024, 1600 x 1200, 1920 x 1080, 2048 x 1536, custom modes|
|DVI single-link mode support||640 x 480, 800 x 600, 1024 x 768, 1280 x 1024, 1600 x 1200, 1920 x 1080, 1920 x 1200, custom modes|
|HD modes||1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 576i, 480p and 480i using the supplied DVI/ component adapter or DVI/ HDMI adapter (HDCP not supported)|
|Input mode detection||Automatic detection of input modes in hardware, enabling the tracking of mode changes in the source signal|
|Pixel output formats||RGB: 5-5-5, 5-6-5 or 8-8-8 (24bit/32bit) pixels|
|Update rate||User defined, captured frame rate will match the source. Providing max data rate (650MB/s) is not exceeded
Multi-buffered to eliminate tearing artifacts
|Video format options||Analog RGB plus HSync and VSync (5 wire)|
|Operating system support||Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Linux support (NOTE: Check Linux specific features with Sales)|
|Power Requirements||Max current at +3.3V - 0.25A
Max current at 12V - 1.2A
Max power - 15 Watts
|Operating Temperature||0 to 35 °C/ 32 to 96 °F|
|Storage Temperature||-20 to 70 °C/ -4 to 158 °F|
|Relative Humidity||5% to 90% non-condensing|
We are continuously developing the technology used within our product ranges delivering outstanding innovative solutions, therefore the specification may change from time to time.
The latest Documentation and Software can be found at the Homepage of Datapath
- VisionSD4+1S: A 4 channel video and 1 channel RGB/ DVI/ HD video capture card, PLUS 1 x SD4-cable, PLUS 1 x DVI/VGA, 1 x DVI/components and 1 x DVI/HDMI adapters
- All products are shipped with the latest software available, unless stated otherwise. Special requirements may be organised by contacting our Sales team.
- VisionSD4+1S video capture card
- 1 x SD4-cable
- 1 x DVI/VGA, 1 x DVI/ component and 1 x DVI/HDMI adapters
- Installation CD-ROM
- VisionSD4+1S capture card datasheet
- Vision range capture card user guide
- Downloads for the VisionSD4+1S capture card