VisionLC-HD Capture Card
Single channel "LiveStream Capture" card
Discreet video capture is now the mainstay of many small form factor appliances being uses in markets such as lecture capture, distance learning and medical environments. Datapath's VisionLC-HD provides HDMI capture for use within such applications.
Datapath's LiveStream Capture architecture allows captured video to be processed and delivered in real time to a processor or graphics card. The VisionLC-HD supports on board colour space conversion and scaling, providing the ability to efficiently transfer the video signal in a suitable format for rendering or encoding applications. The VisionLC-HD natively supports 32, 24, 16 and 12 bit YUV and RGB formats.
The VisionLC-HD capture card has been designed for use within application models such as:
- Medical environments
- Simulation systems
- Live events
- PC and gaming console capture
- Lecture and presentation capture
- Real time streaming
It is also possible to put more than a single card into a system for multiple capture channels.
Due to the nature of the LiveStream:Capture architecture, the VisionLC-HD is not supported for wall controller applications that depend on Datapath's MultiStream technology.
Built upon the Microsoft AV stream model, VisionLC-HD inputs can be accessed and enumerated in any DirectShow or Media Foundation supported application. A video for Linux (V4L) driver package is also available to download.
Tested applications includes:
- Microsoft Media Encoder
- Telestream WireCast
- Opencast Matterhorn
- OBS Project
- Adobe Flash Media Encoder
- Dataton Watchout
Key Qualities of the VisionLC-HD Capture Card
- Single HDMI capture channel
- Up to 297 Mpixel/s clock capturing up to 4096x2160p @ 30fps
- 800 MB/s DMA bandwidth
- High performance up and down scaling
- Colour space conversion to support output formats
- PCI Express Gen 1 x 4 low profile
- Datapath unified Windows® and Linux® driver support
|Board Format||PCIe Gen 1 x 4 plug-in card|
|Dimensions||103mm x 64mm (l x h)|
|Pixel Rate||297 Mpixel/s|
|Maximum Capture Resolution||4096x2160p @ 30Hz|
|Transfer Rate||800MB maximum DMA transfer rate|
|Hardware Colour Space Conversion||32 / 24 / 16 bit RGB (4:4:4)
16 bit YUV (4:2:2)
12 bit YUV, NV12, YV12 (4:2:0)
|Audio Support||Stereo pair PCM audio via each HDMI channel at 16 bits in depth, sampling options include 44.1/ 48/ 96 kHz|
Single frame time plus DMA transfer of final line
|Operating Sysytem Support||Linux
Windows® XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10
|Power Requirements||Max current at 1A at 3.3V
Max power ≈ 3.3W
|Operating Temperature||0 to 35 deg C/ 32 to 96 deg F|
|Storage Temperature||-20 to 70 deg C (-4 to 158 deg F)|
|Relative Humidity||5% to 90% non-condensing|
We are continuously developing the technology used within our product ranges delivering outstanding innovative solutions, therefore the specification may change from time to time.
The latest Documentation and Software can be found at the Homepage of Datapath
- VisionLC-HD: Single channel "LiveStream: Capture" card
- All products are shipped with the latest software available, unless stated otherwise. Special requirements may be organised by contacting our Sales team.
- VisionLC-HD capture card datasheet
- VisionLC range capture card user guide
- Driver for the VisionLC-HD capture card