VisionHD4 Capture Card
Capture four DVI-I High Definition DVI streams in a single capture card.
The VisionHD4 is an eight lane PCI Express capture card with four independent video capture channels, supporting HD capture.
This video capture card provides a high performance high density video capture solution for control room, medical and other applications that require high capture bandwidth. The quad HD capture capability in combination with Datapath's multi stream and synchronisation features enables resolutions up to 4096x2048 and Quad HD solutions.
The VisionHD4 captures all four HD video channels simultaneously and triple buffers them into onboard storage for tear free video, alongside embedded HDMI audio streams can also be captured from each channel.
This full length video capture card has four capture processors, each providing 800 MB/s bandwidth.
Key Qualities of the VisionHD4 Capture Card
General Capture Card Features
- Eight Lane PCI Express Gen.3 bus
- 3.2 GB/s total capture bandwidth in four PCIe lanes Gen.3 or 8 lanes Gen. 2
- Frame buffer memory 4x256 MB
- Datapath unified Windows and Linux driver support
- HDCP supported when used with Datapath graphics cards
Quad DVI-I Capture Channel
- Max resolution up to 4096x2048, at 165 MHz Pixel Clock (Digital modes) or 170 Msps in analogue modes
- HDMI audio capture with streaming from each DVI Channel
- ~800 MB/s bandwidth per capture processor, 3.2 GB/s for the card
|Board Format||Full size 8 lane PCIe 3-0 interface, 111mm x 312mm (H x L)|
|Connectors||Two DMS59 high density video connectors|
|Maximum Sample Rate||170 Mpixels per second analogue RGB or 165 MHz DVI
Analogue modes up to 340 MHz pixel clock can be captured using dual-pass sampling
|Maximum Data Rate||~800 MB/s bandwidth per capture processor, 3.2 GB/s for the card|
|Video Sampling||RGB: 24 bits per pixel/ 8-8-8 format|
|Video Capture Memory||256 MB per capture channel, triple buffered|
|Analogue RGB Mode Support||640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1600x1200, 1920x1080, 1920x1200 and custom modes|
|DVI Single-Link Mode Support||640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1600x1200, 1920x1080, 1920x1200 and custom modes|
|HD Modes||1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 480p and 480i suing a Component-DVI connector.
For HDCP support contact the sales department for more information
|Input Modes Detection||Direct DMA to physical or virtual memory buffers with full scatter-gather support
DMA bandwidth: up to 800MB/s
16 independent DMA streams: Any mix of HD and SD sources, colour space, cropping and scaling parameters
|Pixel Transfer Formats||RGB: 5-5-5, 5-6-5 or 8-8-8 (24 bit, 32 bit) pixels
YUV: 16 bit (4:2:2)
MONO: 8 bit
|Update Rate||User defined, capture frame rate will match the source providing max data rate (800MB/s) is not exceeded.
Multi-buffered to eliminate tearing artifacts
|Video Format Options||Analogue RGB plus HSync and VSync (5 wire)
Analogue RGB with Composite Sync (4 wire)
Analogue RGB with sink on Green/ YPbPr (3 wire)DVI Single Link, HDMI 1.3
|Operating system support||Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Linux support (NOTE: Check Linux specific features with Sales)|
|Power Requirements||Max current at 1.9A @ 12V
Max current at 2.5A @ 3.3A
Max power 31 Watts
|Operating Temperature||0 to 35 °C/ 32 to 96 °F|
|Storage Temperature||-20 to 70 °C/ -4 to 158 °F|
|Relative Humidity||5% to 90% non-condensing|
We are continuously developing the technology used within our product ranges delivering outstanding innovative solutions, therefore the specification may change from time to time.
The latest Documentation and Software can be found at the Homepage of Datapath
- VisionHD4: 4 channel DVI/ RGB/ HD capture card PLUS 2 DVI splitter cables*
* Adapters for other types of video connectors such as DVI/HDMI, DVI/VGA or DVI/Component are not included with the VisionHD4 but are available from Datapath, contact our sales team for details.
- All products are shipped with the latest software available, unless stated otherwise. Special requirements may be organised by contacting our Sales team.
- VisionHD4 video capture card
- 2 x DVI splitter cables
- Installation CD-ROM
- DVI-A to VGA adapter
- DVI to HDMI adapter
- DVI to YPbPr adapter
- VisionHD4 capture card datasheet
- VisionHD4 capture card user guide
- Drivers for the VisionHD4 capture card