Datapath Fx4 Display Controller
Advancements in digital signage requirements mean that customers demand greater freedom in creating and deploying small, medium and large scale signage projects. The Datapath Fx4 is a multi-faceted stand alone display controller that supports a choice of inputs, high bandwidth loop-through as well as 4 genlocked outputs in either DisplayPort or HDMI.
The Fx4 features a DisplayPort1.2 main input alongside two HDMI1.4 inputs offering 4k 4096x2160p at 60 fps or UHD 2160p at 30 fps respectively. The intuitive user interface allows users to determine which input is used.
Each output monitor can take its input from any region of the input image as all of the required cropping, scaling, rotation and frame-rate conversion is handled by the Datapath Fx4 hardware. These regions can overlap to allow any output to replicate another or can be configured to support any creative splice of the source material. This allows the support of many non-rectangular screen arrangements with uneven gaps, as well as any mix of monitor orientations.
As an example, high quality downscaling allows the display of a 4k source on a single output, while other outputs can crop and upscale to create an almost unlimited multi-screen canvas.
The Datapath Fx4 has dual ethernet ports to allow users to add the device to their networks. Only one Datapath Fx4 in the chain requires connection to the physical LAN as ethernet loop through is supported on the second port, meaning multiple devices can be connected.
Datapath’s hugely popular multiscreen design tool, Wall Designer has also been updated to incorporate Fx4. Wall Designer allows users to add displays from the ever expanding database of monitors, visualise their content by adding inputs and adjusting display regions and finally instantly program all Datapath Fx4s either via USB or the network ports.
Key Qualities of the Datapath Fx4 Display Controller
- Infinite creative configurations
- Up to Ultra HD input, four HD 1080p outputs
- Rotates, crops, scales, mirrors and bezel corrects
- Multiple inputs for flexible connectivity (dual HDMI1.4 or single DisplayPort1.2 inputs for 4k 60 fps source capture)
- HDCP support on all inputs and outputs
- True stand-alone operation: Non-volatile configuration can adapt to changes in inputs by automatically adjusting all scale factors
- Network or USB interfaces allow platform independent control (including MAC OS X 10.6)
|Operating Temperature||0 - 35°C/ 32 - 96°F|
|Power Requirements||IEC switched and fused mains connectors 100-240V, 50/ 60Hz/ 35W|
|Video Input Connections||DisplayPort1.2 (2160p/ 60 or equivalent up to 616 MP/s) 2x HDMI1.4 (2160p/ 30 or equivalent up to 297 MP/s|
|Video Output Connections||HDMI version: 4 x HDMI1.4 (1080p/ 60 or equivalent up to 165 MP/s)
DisplayPort version: 4 x DP1.1 (1080p/ 60 or equivalent up to 165 MP/s)
Loop-through (both versions): DisplayPort1.2 (locked to selected video input resolution)
|Input Surface||8k x 8k maximum|
|Genlock Input||Analogue black-burst on dedicated BNC connector. Any video input (HDMI1, HDMI2, DisplayPort)|
|Control Interfaces||Dual 100BaseT Ethernet ports with inbuilt managed switch. USB2.0 Type B connector (full speed operation)|
|Firmware Support||Updates supported via USB and Ethernet connection|
|Storage||-20 to 70°C|
|Relative Humidity||5% - 90% non-condensing|
We are continuously developing the technology used within our product ranges delivering outstanding innovative solutions, therefore the specification may change from time to time.
The latest Documentation and Software can be found at the Homepage of Datapath
- Datapath Fx4/H: 4k display controller w/HDCP - HDMI outputs
- Datapath Fx4/D: 4k display controller w/HDCP - DisplayPort outputs
- Datapath Fx4 display controller
- USB cable
- All products are shipped with the latest software available, unless stated otherwise. Special requirements may be organised by contacting our Sales team.
- Datapath Fx4 display controller datasheet
- Datapath Fx4 display controller user guide
- Datapath Fx4 display controller quick start guide
- Drivbers for the Datapath Fx4 display controller