AM2 Audio Module
The AM2 audio module provide a quick and low cost addition to high-quality analog stereo input to a system. It is supplied mounted on a full-height bracket with a long ribbon cable and an audio breakout cable, for connection to any Datapath capture card supporting analog audio.
This audio module does not necessarily require an electrical slot on the motherboard provided a physical slot is available in the chassis.
The AM2 module is compatible with the VisionAV range of video capture cards.
Key Qualities of the AM2 Audio Module
- Input/ Output connection via breakout cable attached to 15 pin high density D-Type connector on the bracket. The physical contacts comprise of:
- Left and right balanced audio input on female XLR jacks. Supports microphone and line level inputs.
- Left and right unbalanced line inputs on female RCA connectors.
- Left and right unbalanced line outputs on female RCA connectors for direct pass through of selected analog input.
- Supports audio capture to the PCI Express bus at popular sample rates 44.1kHz/ 48kHz/ 96kHz. All are available in RGBEasy (Audio extensions) and DirectShow for development purposes.
- The AM2 features a common attenuator and mute function for both channels.
- Support for HDMI embedded audio from digital AV capture channel. *
* Denotes availability Q4 2012, contact sales for details.
|Connectors||HD15 (male) for connection of supplied audio breakout cable:
Stereo line in (2 x RCA), stereo balanced in (2 x XLR), stereo line out (2 x RCA)
16-way header for connection to man board
|Analog Audio Capture Sources||Selectable analogue audio capture between:
Stereo Line-In, unbalanced audio capture (connecting to the breakout cables RCA connectors)
Stereo balanced audio capture, connecting to breakout cable XLR connectors
|Analog Audio Capture Sample Rate||44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 96 kHz - set as default at 44.1 kHz|
|Analog Audio Capture Sample Size||16 bits/ sample; 96 db Dynamic range|
|Audio Output||Direct loop through selected analogue input|
|Operating System Support||Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7,Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 and Linux support (audio support)*|
|Software Development API||The audio sources are available in DirectShow and RGB Easy:
Sample rate settings accessible through DirectShow and RGBEasy
The adjustable attenuation and mute for each channel is available in the audio extension to RGBEasy and in DirectShow
|Power Requirements and Thermal Dissipation||12ma @12V. Supplied via the attached capture cards PCIe interface
Thermal dissipation - 150mW max
|Operating Temperature||0 to 35ºC (32 to 96F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20 to 70ºC (-4 to 158F)|
|Relative Humidity||5% to 90% non-condensing|
The latest Documentation and Software can be found at the Homepage of Datapath